Sunday 25 October 2015

Flat Plans And Rationales - Magazine Contents Page

My contents page has to take on a sleek and professional look, as when looking through my research and current existing prints, a fashionable and mature look was extremely popular, especially the style from Vogue magazine. As seen from my flat plan, my articles will be organised in layers. I will also add titles to define and label these articles, to make it easier for the reader to find particular pages. I have also created a section which accommodates an editors  space, where I can add some extra image content. My plans are to also add a large image from my photo shoots, as I thought this reflects and gets the fashion genre across to the reader, as it creates an effective impact on the page. 
At the top of the page I plan to feature the name of my magazine, and below I will feature 'contents page' to make clear of the point of the page. 
The colour layout will replicate my original house them on all of my pages, however, the colours I will be including on this page will range from: white, silver, black, red, pink and a range of pastel colours, as these colours stereotypically and traditionally relate to my target audience. 
I aim to think of 15-30 articles to feature in my contents page, to show written evidence and examples of my regional fashion genre. These may shown in different sectors and areas including "regional" "usuals", "fashion" and "beauty". Within these I will add articles like "Newcastle fashion walk", "Urban Decay glam" and "Lush must have's".
As said, I will also represent regional identity within my contents page by adding a section completely based on events 'In the North East' as this differs from your traditional global fashion magazine. It will also allow readers to relate to the content and appreciate that the North East has an original fashion print magazine.

Extension/ Aftermath 
Overall, I have stuck to this design pretty well. I have added all the elements on this flat plan onto the final draft of my contents page and it worked pretty well. Even all of the layout has stuck to the plan and resonates well with the idea and look of Vogue magazine's own contents page. The only thing that is slightly different on my final draft is the dominant image. In my final draft I didn't add a full body shot once again, as I was simply recreating Vogue's own traditional contents page, where not all he dominant images were full profile. This still allowed my page to look effective and professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment