Sunday 25 October 2015

Flat Plan and Rationales - Website Homepage

This is my plan for my magazines website homepage. As this is the homepage, it will house a range of different subjects, and will not only be one area as a homepage usually includes everything in some way. The name of my magazine will feature at the top of the web page, and will appear quite big, to allow the reader to notice the brand straight away, and for the homepage to look like a professional product. Below this will be the website tabs, this will link the consumer to a particular area of the website which includes articles and items of one significant topic or subject. I have shown in the picture above the kind of articles and features I will include on my homepage and website, as these ones I have chose randomly will fit my genre and be suitable for my target audience. Underneath the tabs, I plan to include an automatic scrolling article advertisement which will include various items that will be on the website. Finally, below this, will be links and descriptions of a range of articles that are included within the website. The house theme should hopefully mirror the look of the original magazine, but look professional and chic at the same time. Fonts and colours will also relate with my target audience, this being young women, and therefore look appealing to the eye with soft but bold colours, and mature fonts to go with it. 


Extension/ Aftermath 
My website did keep some elements of this flat plan, however, I did change some of the layout. I decided to do this as Wix offered me many effective designs and layouts, and the one that I liked best gave me a more effective layout than my flat plan did. However, saying this, I did keep some of my original ideas, like my sell lines and articles. I significantly added more images so that it would look more aesthetically pleasing to the viewer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment